The hotel continues to embark in community sustainability projects to aid in the development of our society through charitable donations – cash or kind and time to schools, churches and other organizations in need. We also participate in environmental activities such as beautification projects and beach clean ups and habitat protection. (Ongoing)
The hotel communicates these initiatives to our stakeholders through various surveys, through our Sales Department and Executive Offices to prospective guests. Information / logo items are utilized heavily throughout the hotel’s marketing programme. The hotel also has a community outreach bulletin board and website that is accessible by guests and employees alike.
Some of our Community Outreach Programmes:
- Linen donation to Cornwall Regional Hospital – January, 2014 (ongoing)
- Montego Bay Community Home For Girls donation given August 23rd 2018.
- Blossom Gardens children’s home – Christmas treat to children of various ages , December , 2013
- Our Preferred Club Manager visited the Howard Cooke Primary School as a part of the “Read Across Jamaica Programme” where she read books to students in Spanish, May, 2013
- Weekly donations of food items to children of the St. James Football Association Summer Camp. June – August, 2013
- Garland Children’s Home school stationery donation – May 2013
- Blessed Assurance Children’s Home School (Mustard Seed Community) – clothing donations. May 2013
- The hotel has a Monthly Suppliers’ Pay Day event, where all our valued purveyors are invited to collect payments whilst partaking in food and beverage treats.
- Our Annual Health Fair received the assistance of over ninety agencies that provided health, safety and medical services and giveaways to our employees. Some at discounted rates and others free of cost. Some of these agencies have been long time partners. May, 2013.
- Catherine Hall Basic School beautification project saw the creation of a vegetable garden, picnic tables and enhancement of the school grounds and gift donations to children. The project was done in conjunction with the hotels’ guests and AM Resorts Corporate in June, 2013.