CHILD CARE & PROTECTION POLICY
Secrets & Breathless Resorts & Spas recognizes that child abuse is a global problem that affects both boys and girls and that children can be abused emotionally, physically, sexually and through neglect. The company is firmly committed to upholding the safety and well-being of all children and the protection of children from harm, abuse and exploitation. In carrying out its purpose of providing luxury accommodations to adults, Secrets Resorts and Spa will ensure that only adults are received as guests, persons under the age of 18 years will not be employed at the resorts, and will respond swiftly and appropriately to suspicions of persons engaging in activity that is harmful to children. We believe all children, regardless of their age, culture, ability, gender, language, racial origin, religious belief and/or sexual identity have a right to survival, development, protection and respect. The best interests of the child are of paramount consideration and we will promote practices which seek to protect these vulnerable members of society from harm in keeping with our moral responsibility as well as the country’s Child Care and Protection Act (2004).
The policy will be reviewed every 3 years or whenever there is a major change in the organisation or in relevant legislation.
PROMOTING PRINCIPLES OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
Code of Ethics
It is the policy of Breathless Montego Bay, Secrets Wild Orchid & Saint James to be fully compliant with local environmental efforts. We do our endeavor to engage and encourage our team members to conserve our natural resources so we can live a better quality of life. As environmental ambassadors we recognize the code of ethics as a set of dynamic principles that guides our conduct.
The objectives of an Environmental Ambassadors are:
- To recognize and attempt to resolve socio-cultural and individual human needs with responsibility for
physical, natural, and cultural systems.
- To promote and develop policies, plans, activities and projects that achieve complementary and
mutual support between natural and man-made resources and present and future developments
that preserves the natural and physical make-up of the hotel’s operation
Our 10 Core Principles are:
- Car-pooling and utilizing the staff transportation services.
- Incorporate the best principle of design and environmental planning and implement sound environmental practices in the design, development and operation of our hotels.
- Seek common, adequate, and sound technical grounds for communication with and respect for the contributions of divisional heads in developing and reviewing policies, plans, activities and projects.
- Endeavour to reduce our use of energy and water, and re-use and recycle the resources consumed by our business wherever practical.
- Utilizing training analysis and provide the training resources required to meet our objectives
- Encourage education and research and the development of useful technical information relating to the company’s sustainability programme.
- Examine, monitor, record and benchmark our environmental performance on a regular basis.
- Make business decisions that take these commitments into account.
- Communicate our policies, practices and programmes to all our stakeholders.
- Implement, record and review activities that uphold the highest level of Quality Management that reduce environmental harm and enhance environmental quality but also preserves the integrity of the socio -cultural framework of the hotel.